This Day In History

1763 47th Foot (later 1st Loyals) disembarks at Cork, Ireland, on posting from North America.
1898 The Depot of The East Lancashire Regiment moves into Fulwood Barracks from Burnley Barracks, which is in a poor state of repair. It occupies the block on the west side of the Infantry Square, and the Depot of the Loyals is concentrated on the east. The East and Loyal North Lancashire Regimental Depots will remain together for over 40 years,
We are funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.

Please help by clicking the buttons below.

Please donate

Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales Volunteers)

On 1st July 1958 the East Lancashire and South Lancashire Regiments amalgamated to form The Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Volunteers).

In its short life the Regiment served in Hong Kong, Germany, Swaziland, Cyprus, and Malta. However it is justifiably best remembered for the distinguished role it played in 1967, during the final months of the bitter anti-terrorist campaign in Aden, where its officers and men received more operational and gallantry awards than any other unit.

On 25th March 1970 the Regiment amalgamated with The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire), to form The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment.