This Day In History: 1898-12-05

The Depot of The East Lancashire Regiment moves into Fulwood Barracks from Burnley Barracks, which is in a poor state of repair. It occupies the block on the west side of the Infantry Square, and the Depot of the Loyals is concentrated on the east. The East and Loyal North Lancashire Regimental Depots will remain together for over 40 years,